Spanish candy maker Fini is aiming to grow its presence in the UK through a distribution deal with logistics firm Palletways.
BBX Capital has acquired premium chocolate maker Williams & Bennett soon after acquiring Hoffman's Chocolates in December.
Cadbury’s Israeli distributor Carmit Candy Industries has accused the Strauss Group of employing a war-like strategy to block Cadbury’s entry into Israel, while Strauss says Carmit only has itself to...
McDonald’s Hong Kong and Italian chocolate company Ferrero has joined forces to launch a limited edition Golden Moments series.
Lindt & Sprüngli has reported 8% growth in its 2013 sales driven by higher volumes and innovations such as its Hello brand.
Private label confectioner European Candy Group has acquired Dutch licorice firm Kraepelien & Holm.
UK Fairtrade manufacturer Divine Chocolate and US premium chocolate retailer Fannie May have both made senior management appointments.
Premium chocolate brand Godiva is to launch a website in early 2014 to serve the UK.
Nestlé UK has put together a collection of historical packaging and posters of its Rowntree brand designed to help patients diagnosed with dementia bring back happy memories.
Turkish firm Yildiz Holding has strengthened its presence in the US by acquiring Turtle’s and Flipz owner DeMet’s Candy Company.
Back to Nature Foods plans to increase its scale in the ‘important’ cookie and cracker categories with newly acquired SnackWell’s business.
Hershey Netherlands B.V. has signed an agreement to acquire an 80% stake in Chinese confectionery and snack firm Shanghai Golden Monkey Food Company (SGM) - and the remaining 20% in 2015.
Natra announced it will open a sales office in Hong Kong this year, as well as its first production site outside Europe, in Canada.
Mars UK says it has exhausted reformulation options for Mars and Snickers bars and has been left with no choice but to cut portion sizes to meet calorie reduction pledges.
Swedish sweet manufacturer Candyking has withdrawn its recent offering of shares worth $76.2m following fires at two of its suppliers.
Premium popcorn maker POP! Gourmet Popcorn has struck a deal with a leading retail and hospitality conglomerate in the Middle East that will significantly boost its presence in international markets.
Mars Chocolate North America has unveiled seasonal items ahead of the December holiday period.
Mondelez International has launched its candy brand Sour Patch Kids as a gum product under its Stride portfolio – a deft move, according to an analyst.
Nestlé UK has introduced an interactive KitKat CAPTCHA to raise brand awareness online.
Ferrero has outlined ambitious plans to grow its business in the UK over the next five years.
Dry roasted nut maker Alrifai Nutisal has been acquired by Nordic confectionery firm Cloetta.
Sweet manufacturer Haribo has booked Leeds-based engineering firm JPG to build its £92M confectionery plant at Castleford, West Yorkshire.
Choc-O-Bloc’s personalized candy toy Magic Choc is outselling major brands online in the UK ahead of the key Christmas period.
Hershey has chosen India as the first country outside of North America to launch the Jolly Rancher brand.
United Biscuits has confirmed the loss of 76 jobs, as part of a restructuring that would create “a more streamlined, competitive and focused company”, it said.