Sucrose esters are commonly used in confection to speed up sugar crystallisation. Sisterna proved that sucrose esters effectively promote the formation of nuclei, the starter-points of sugar crystals. The more nuclei the quicker sugar can crystallise and the smaller the average crystal size. This effect has remarkable effects on panning confectionery, on the processing as well as on the end-product. In this technical note all the effects of sucrose esters will be covered.
- Shorter production time (9-19% shorter)
- Smoother surface (after the engrossing step)
- Whiter appearance (replacing TiO2)
- Less permeable layer
- Helping/replacing gum arabic
- Application with polyols (sugar free confectionery)