Delfi forms JV with Japan’s Yuraku Confectionery in Indonesia

By Oliver Nieburg contact

- Last updated on GMT

Joint venture to produce and market Delfi brand in Indonesia. ©iStock/CountDuckula
Joint venture to produce and market Delfi brand in Indonesia. ©iStock/CountDuckula
Delfi Limited has formed a joint venture (JV) with the Yuraku Confectionery Company in Indonesia to sell chocolate snack products under the Delfi brand in Indonesia.

Singaporean company Delfi – formerly Petra Foods – will hold a 60% share in the joint venture company ‘Delfi Yuraku Pte Ltd’, while Yuraku will hold the remaining 40%.

The JV firm will produce, sell and market Delfi branded chocolate snacks in Indonesia.

Delfi has committed $5m and Yuraku $7m to establish joint manufacturing, sales and marketing capabilities in the country.

Young and growing population

Delfi CEO John Chuang, said the JV will build on Delfi’s leading position in Indonesia’s chocolate market by targeting the nation’s young and growing population in modern and traditional trade channels once the JV products are launched.

According to Euromonitor International, Delfi leads Indonesia’s chocolate confectionery through its Ceres business, which produces brands such as Silver Queen and Delfi tablets.

Delfi formed a separate Indonesian joint venture with Japanese firm Orion Confectionery​, maker of Choco Pie last year. Delfi is the exclusive local distributor in the JV, while Orion manufactures products for the market.

The Delfi-Yuraku joint venture launch is subject to regulatory approval.

Related topics: Manufacturers, Chocolate, Emerging Markets

Related news