Popular right now: Our top five confectionery and chocolate stories on social media
1. Senior trader tells cocoa merchants prices are too low and certification is ‘a waste of money’
Our article that reported on a speech by Derek Chambers, a Paris-based trader in ‘semi-retirement’ to a recent Cocoa Merchants Association of America conference calling on the industry to revaluate its stance on sustainability and end duplication, caused a stir, to say the least, and was the most shared story on social media.
2. Blockchain innovation in the cocoa supply chain
Speaking at the same CMAA conference as Chambers, mobile and digital marketing guru Tom Daly gave a fascinating talk on how Blockchain can help the cocoa industry tackle consumer expectations on privacy, trust and traceability. The article gained lost of traction on our channels.
3. Mars modernizes logos and adds mission statement to connect with consumers
The confectioner’s new look connects with contemporary ideals and styles – an also our followers across social media, who made it our third most-read this week.
4. Olam Cocoa announces fresh plans to end deforestation in its global cocoa supply chain
Olam Cocoa’s announcement that it is making further commitments to end deforestation and forest degradation in its entire cocoa supply chain worldwide, also proved popular with visitors to CN.
5. Ecuador’s sustainable cocoa future after cadmium
Former CN editor Oliver Nieburg’s podcast on how Ecuador’s efforts to create value at origin could be damaged by the EU’s recent regulation of heavy metal cadmium in chocolate, hit the right notes across our channels this week.
Don’t forget to follow CN on Instagram!