In the collection there are references to Sandy and Danny in Grease, made from a honey mustard milk chocolate ganache, featuring ‘hot dog’ flavoured 75% Firetree Papua New Guinea ganache and white chocolate cornbread ganache;
Breakfast at Tiffany’s
Paul’s Pizza & Popcorn Movie Night truffle, which pairs a cheese ganache with a layer of tomato, oregano and olive oil ganache featuring 75% Papua New Guinea dark chocolate and The Audrey Coffee and Croissant, sprayed blue to pay homage to Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
“The biggest change in my business is the reduction in customers buying heart shaped chocolate products. We now have reduced our offering of heart shaped chocolates and chocolate gifts and use a story or theme associated with romance and build a collection around this,” said Young.
“For example, this year’s collection is designed around favourite romantic films throughout the decades. Highlights include Cherry, Vanilla and Rose, which has been inspired by 1920s' Greta Garbo, and the Fiery Raspberry Bellini, inspired by 1950s Marilyn Monroe.
“For our signature products, we decorate them with hearts and add heart gift tags on to our stock products during the Valentine’s sales period which has increased sales.”
Comment on meeting demand for seasonal products, Young said the company hasn’t changed anything in production for the quick turnaround items as its products are made freshly on site.
“Our operation lends itself to quick turnaround times, the only struggle is managing stock levels to make sure we don’t have them left over after a seasonal period. For example, selling Valentine's products after Valentine's day can be difficult so with careful planning and production we ensure we aren’t left with too much over stock.”
The Valentine’s Collection includes:
- 1910s – Charlie – Sour Cream Hot Cakes and Maple Syrup
- 1920s – Greta – Cherry, Rose and Vanilla
- 1930s – Scarlett and Rhett – Peach and Bourbon cobbler
- 1940s – Laura and Alec –Tea and Malted Milk Biscuit
- 1950s – Marilyn – Fiery Raspberry Bellini
- 1960s – Audrey – Coffee and Croissant
- 1970s – Sandy and Danny – Corndog with Honey Mustard
- 1980s – Harry and Sally – Apple Pie with Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1990s – Vivian and Edward – Red Velvet Cake
- 2000s – Vianne and Roux –Xocoatyl: Mayan Spice and Honey
- 2010s – Oliver and Elio – Torta Della Nonna
- 2020s – Movie Night – Pizza and Popcorn Truffle