This Halloween, ‘Who you gonna call?’ asks Ferrara candy company
American candy company Ferrara, part of The Ferrero Group, is helping fans plan unique and creative ways to celebrate Halloween with friends and family by working with Sony Pictures Home Entertainment to launch Ferrara’s first-ever augmented reality (AR) experience.
Ferrara says it is also introducing exciting new innovations across its cookies and candies portfolio and bringing back some seasonal classics for this year’s event, and the tie-in with Sony Pictures will feature the iconic Ghostbusters franchise.
Hunting ghosts from home
While this season’s Halloween traditions may look different than years past because of safety guidelines or restrictions across the country, Ferrara said it “knew who to call”.
The brand collaborated with Sony Pictures, home of the Ghostbusters franchise, to develop ‘Haunted Candy Hunt’, a ghost-hunting AR game.
It’s already live and players can use their phones to log onto https://www.ghosthuntntrap.com and troll around their living rooms, kitchens and backyards in search of the famed 1980s ghost Slimer from the classic Ghostbusters films, as well as a new character created exclusively for the game, Sweeter the Ferrara Candy Ghost.
Users can capture the ghosts virtually for the chance to win fun prizes each week – including the Hasbro Ghostbusters Plasma Series and Kenner Series newly-released action figures – as well as a grand prize of a Sony Home Theater Package, including a 55″ Sony 55X900H TV, WS1 Immersive Wearable Speaker, Blu-ray player and PlayStation 4.
“While Halloween may look different this year, now more than ever consumers are seeking out new ways to enjoy Halloween traditions and celebrate the season,” said Mariah Havens, Senior Brand Manager of Seasonal Marketing.
“This year, we’re thrilled to work with Sony Pictures and the iconic Ghostbusters franchise to offer a virtual spin on the classic neighborhood trick-or-treating experience. This augmented reality game allows fans to hunt for candy, ghosts and more!”
Classic Candy Corn and new varieties
Ferrara, which dominates the Candy Corn market, continues to produce iconic seasonal favorites like BRACH’S Classic Candy Corn, and has innovated with unique flavors, shapes and line extensions. New items include:
• BRACH’S Mellowcreme Caramel Apples offers a sweet seasonal favorite featuring apple-shaped candy corn with a top layer of soft caramel flavor followed by another layer of either sweet red apple or tangy green apple.
• BRACH’S Skulls & Bones is an enchanting combination of dark chocolate sea salt skulls and caramel bones mixed with sweet banana and traditional candy corn pieces.
• BRACH’S Turkey Dinner Candy Corn provides a full-course Thanksgiving meal in a unique mix of candy corn flavors that will carry celebrations throughout the fall season.
• BRACH’S Sour Haunted Tropics Candy Corn features a blend of six tropical flavors with a tangy twist, including watermelon, pineapple, banana, kiwi, mango and tropical punch.
Ferrara makes it easy for families to have flexible celebrations with individually wrapped cookie and candy treats that come in a variety of sizes in trick-or-treat bags. These bags are perfect for intimate Halloween celebrations, festive crafts, baking and decorating and for a variety of seasonal occasions.
• Introducing Seasonal Cookie Shapes & Colors: Mother’s Halloween Circus Animal Cookies are a limited-edition batch of treats featuring vanilla shortbread-based bat and cat shapes and covered in orange and white icing and sprinkles.
• New Fun-Sized Combinations: For the first time, Ferrara combines fan favorites - Trolli Sour Brite Crawlers Minis and the beloved Keebler Fudge Stripe Minis Cookies - together in one bag.
• Individually Wrapped Candy Favorites: Now fans can enjoy Big Chewy NERDS and Trolli Crunchy Crawlers in treat sized bags – among many other product offerings.
“As a leader in seasonal sweet snacking, we’re always innovating with trends and fun flavors, and we know this year is no different,” said Havens.
“From unusual flavor combinations like our new Turkey Dinner Candy Corn offering to creating a candy that hallmarks the flavors of fall – combining caramel and apple in a mellowcreme – our new and traditional treats provide the perfect way to welcome fall and celebrate the season with family and friends.”