NCA’s 2021 State of the Industry Conference to be held online
Under the theme ‘Ideas, Insights & Inspiration: Delivered’, the streamlined event will provide high-level insights from STOIC’S most important sessions and actionable ideas to inspire the confectionery industry and delight confectionery shoppers.
“The State of the Industry Conference presents fresh ideas to our industry as they seek creative and unique approaches to tackling the rapidly changing marketplace,” said John Downs, NCA president & CEO, said. “The world looks very different since we gathered in March 2020, and we’re looking forward to connecting digitally this year with a powerful line-up of education, insights and inspiration.”
As the leading association for the $36bn US confectionery industry, the NCA says it works to ensure that chocolate and candy are “celebrated for their contributions to culture, society, the economy and everyday moments of joy”.
In an industry that has a production presence in all 50 states, it employs approximately 55,000 workers in more than 1,300 manufacturing facilities.
Highlights for this year’s online SOTIC include:
- A keynote address from NCA’s John Downs
- The debut of Sweet Insights: State of Treating 2021
- Conversations with retail leaders about the new era of retailing, featuring Dollar General’s Jennifer Dilts (and more to be announced)
- Online networking and social opportunities
“COVID-19 has kept us apart, but chocolate and candy have brought us together throughout this uncertain time,” Downs said.
“The confectionery industry is honoured to have played a role in supporting our consumers’ emotional well-being throughout the pandemic, and this digital gathering will allow us to both reflect on the past year and take a look at what lies ahead.”
- For more information and to register for the 2021 State of the Industry Conference, visit CandyUSA.com/SOTIC.