After missing last year because of the coronavirus pandemic, confectionery and snack industries will find more than two years’ worth of products at this year’s event.
“The Sweets & Snacks Expo is where the top candy and snack companies showcase their newest products, and this year is even more important as we get back to business,” said John Downs, president & CEO of the National Confectioners Association. “While consumer purchasing habits may have shifted to meet the new environment, manufacturers are exceeding expectations with new products, flavours and innovations.”
An example of some of the trends expected at this year’s Sweets & Snacks Expo include:
- Smaller pack sizes: More companies continue to develop smaller pack sizes containing 200 calories or less. This trend empowers the consumer to make informed choices when they are ready to treat themselves to their favourite snack or candy.
- Tropical flavours: So many consumers are dreaming of a day at the beach and enjoying all that summer has to offer. This year, tropical flavours are taking centre stage with a focus on pineapple and coconut. Sit back, relax, and enjoy a tropical treat … cue the sound of ocean waves!
- Mix and match: Can’t decide which flavour to enjoy? Candy and snack manufacturers are bringing consumers the best of both worlds. Whether they are looking for sweet, salty, fruity, or tart, shoppers can’t go wrong when mixing up their favourite combinations.
- Spice it up: Think you can handle the heat? At the Sweets & Snacks Expo, the hottest (and we mean hottest!) new spicy snacks featuring flavours like chili, sriracha, jalapeño and habanero will be on full display.
Another highlight of this year’s Expo is ‘Destination Retail’, which showcases ideas for driving excitement around the four big confectionery sales seasons – Valentine’s Day, Easter, Halloween, and the Winter Holidays – and National Candy Month as these incremental sales opportunities continue to grow.
The NCA says “as a candy moment on the rise, National Candy Month, which occurs each June, presents the opportunity to bridge the gap between the major holidays in the spring and fall for retailers across the country, and Destination Retail spells out the value proposition of this unique opportunity.”
- To obtain more information or register, visit SweetsAndSnacks.com.