Founded in 2012, with a mission to ‘educate people about the enormous benefits of converting to craft chocolate that is better for the planet, better for the farmers, and better for you’ Cocoa Runners is a small but growing business based in London.
Founder Spencer Hyman said: “I’m so excited to be hosting the UK’s craft chocolate event of the year at Fidelio. Since our launch just over a decade ago, we have passionately believed that tasting craft chocolate, meeting makers and rubbing shoulders with fellow chocolate enthusiasts is not just a delightful day out but also a unique adventure to try some chocolate that really does better for you, the farmers and the planet.
“The fair is free to attend and all sorts of favourite craft chocolate bars will be available – from Omnom to Friis Holm, Menakao to Original Beans, Qantu to Fjak - and of course, all the participating makers' bars and Christmas treats. So if you want to try Chocolarder’s latest Rosemary and Sea Salt bar, Pump Street’s Gingerbread, Duffy’s Awesome Smoked Nib Oak bar and Dormouse’s Ugandan bar raising money for the LGBTQ+ community, come and visit!”
There is also a full schedule of ticketed talks and tastings throughout the two-day pop-up from experts in wine, cheese, music, health and of course, craft chocolate, including:
- Professor Tim Spector speaking on craft chocolate, nutrition and explaining why Craft Chocolate can help your microbiome
- Coffee and craft chocolate with coffee expert, the UK’s first World Barista Champion and co-Founder of Square Mile Coffee Roasters, James Hoffman
- A wine and chocolate tasting with Corney & Barrow, one of the oldest independent wine merchants in the UK
- An exploration of Craft Chocolate and Bakery with Joanna Brennan of Pump Street
- A cheese tasting and talk with Bronwen Percival, from Neal’s Yard Dairy
- Fine tea and chocolate pairings with Tim D’Offay from Postcard Teas
- Christmas craft chocolate tastings with Cocoa Runners
- A family-friendly chocolate tasting with real cocoa pods
Other Bean-to-bar craft chocolate makers from across the UK will also be sharing their festive chocolate bars, drinking chocolate and gifts, including Pump Street Chocolate (Suffolk), Chocolarder (Cornwall), Duffy’s (Cleethorpes), Tosier (Suffolk), Dormouse (Manchester) and special guests Vinte Vinte from Portugal.